Monday, April 18, 2011

So fast, so furious

I know what you’ve been thinking: it was the weekend, why hasn’t Erin posted her craft projects? Well, fear not my little chickadees, the long awaited moment has come. I made quite a few things this weekend, and most of them are in the dumpster outside of my apartment, including my failed attempt at a birthday surprise for my mom. Better luck next year!
Anyway, this is SUPER easy, takes less than 30 minutes, recycles, and is pretty cute.
This is what you need:
Card stock
a glue stick (I enjoy elmer’s washable school glue in purple..it dries clear)
Your annoying mailers that come every week with tons of coupons you will never use
An exacto knife
Spray adhesive (Elmer’s should pay me, I like their multi-purpose spray adhesive)

First, go through the mailers and pick ones with interesting colors. Now take your exacto knife and cut them into thin strips.

Lay out the little strips in a desirable pattern. Take your handy spray adhesive and coat the card stock. Transfer your pre-laid out strips over to the cardstock.

Now, if you feel like you want your crafting to take a long time, stand up and go for a walk. If you want to feel like a crafter on speed, keep going on to the next step.
Take a second piece of card stock and draw a design on it. I drew a flower. Cut out the design. You want it to be mostly relief so that all your pretty strips show through. Now flip the cut out over and coat it with your glue stick. Flop it on top of the strips. You’re done!

1 comment: