Monday, November 26, 2012

I am inspiring people to clog their arteries!

Mindy, a regular at THE CoffeeShop, was so inspired by my original Tater Tot Casserole that she whipped up her own version....who doesn't love bacon? If you don't, get off my lawn..and blog.

Bacon & Blue Cheese Tater Tot Casserole

8-10 Slices Bacon
1 lb. ground beef
1 tsp. dried thyme

I cup chopped onion
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
½ lb. crumbled blue cheese
1 32 oz. bag frozen tater tots

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch glass casserole dish. Cook bacon until crisp. Drain and cool. Chop bacon. Brown ground beef and thyme in bacon fat. Drain in a colander. Heat olive oil and cook onion and garlic over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes. Mix together beef, bacon, onion mixture and soup. Spread evenly in bottom of casserole. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over meat mixture. Top with a single layer of tater tots. Bake for one hour.


Nom, nom, nom.  What twist can you put on it? I already have a mexican version up my sleeve.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment