Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY Monday: Makeup Bag from a Placemat



This past weekend, my friends Shannon and Corey got married.  I packed up all my stuff and headed down to Sumner for a wonderful weekend getaway at the Hampton Inn and Suites.  It actually was not that bad! It is really new, and had a nice pool and hot tub. 
Anyway, I packed all of my makeup in my make up bag:

The horror! It may not look like it, but there is over $150 worth of make up in a Ziploc bag. Courtney was horrified, and I was embarrassed.

So I searched the web and found this great tutorial. I drove to Target, bought a $4 placemat, came home and in less than 15 minutes, I have a legit make up bag.
This is what you need:

Placemat, scissors, sewing machine, pins, ruler, and I used Velcro instead of a snap closure

Follow the instructions outlined by the little lady on the link above.  To attach the velcro, sew around the entire square, then sew an X to make sure that it is secured.

Then, think about how great it is that Andy Kent told you about InstaFrame so that you don't have to post seventy pictures every time you make something!

Now, my makeup doesn't look like some fairy dusted it with glitter, and my red lip liner isn't smearing all over everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment