Monday, August 6, 2012

DIY Monday:Elastic Empire Waist Dress

Just in the nick of time!  I was at a Disability Under-Employment Seminar all day today.  then I came home and finished up my first commissioned garter for someone I don't know, then whipped out this super great DIY.
I followed the instructions from this girl, who coincidentally copied them from someone else.  I used some super rough linen (it might even be burlap), from a dress that I bought at Goodwill last summer and never got around to altering.  I also used elastic that I purchased at Pacific Fabrics.  They have tons of elastic that comes in different colors and widths, and some of it has fancy scalloping on it! Woo hoo!  I also used a textured tank, which I would suggest over just a plain old wife beater.  Not only is the name horrific, they are boring.
So, here is a fabulous iPhone picture in the mirror of what it looks like:
Good luck!

2 comments: