Sunday, July 15, 2012

Stuffed! On zucchini

I love Zucchini.  The slut of vegetables.  They absorb the flavor of what ever you cook them with, or they taste like...squash, SHOCKING!  So, here is how to wow your friends with a delicious little appetizer!
You need:
  • zucchini
  • goat cheese
  • olive oil
  • pepper 
After browsing recipes I found one for zucchini that I thought would be great.  Then I got to the store and forgot what ingredients I needed to make the filling, so I just decided that a basic creamy goat cheese would work. Apparently the recipe called for one of those flavored spreads...but too bad, it was delicious with what I improvised.
Take the zucchini and cut the top and bottom off.  Cut the zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices.  Brush each slice with olive oil, pepper them, and place on a cookie sheet with foil on it. Turn the oven to broil and place the zucchini in the oven.  Keep your eye on it, they will burn very quickly and easily.  Use tongs to flip the zucchini over.  Pull then out as soon as they are done (this may require you to take some out before others).
Once the zucchini is cool enough to touch, form little balls of goat cheese and place them at one end of the zucchini strip.  Roll the zucchini up around the goat cheese and then secure with a toothpick.

It's SOOOO delicious.
Also, these were so good that I ate them all and didn't take a photo. CRAP.

1 comment:

  1. These sound amazing!! Will make and photograph for u ;)

    Christina
    Www.foodiewithalife.com

    ReplyDelete