Monday, August 8, 2011

Days off mean more projects

After a month of 11 hour days and attending 3 of the 6 weddings planned for this summer, I have a week of nothing. This inevitably means I should do all the laundry that is piled high in my closet, but instead I went to three thrift stores and spent an hour at Artists & Craftsman Supply.
I now have more textile paint than is logical, and a seersucker pencil skirt to wear to the next wedding. Anyway, here is what I’ve been up to: (I will only do a tutorial for the canvas because I didn’t take pictures along the way for any other projects.)

I made this garter for Alexis to wear at her BEAUTIFUL wedding at the Artic Club on 3rd & Cherry. That place is amazing. And the Midwest can bring it..my liver is in a bad place right now.

Brian asked me to make him an anchor hoodie. I asked him to make me a wooden cutting board. This was in December. Where is my cutting board?

This is how my apartment is looking these days…I have two bikes and tons of art supplies. And a skateboard. It’s crowded.

I scored this seersucker pencil skirt with matching blazer today at Goodwill. Blue tag special? Yes please! It was $1.29. I win.
Now for the project that left me covered in paint and sticky stencil letters. I got it from this great blog http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/08/song-lyric-wall-art-diy-project.html
So, basically follow her directions, except if you are doing something with more letters. Then do this:

because you will need extra letters which a pretty easy to make out of electrical tape. Also, give up on designing your own tattoo and reuse the paper for this letter counting part. I am also very impatient so I just used my hairdryer to dry the paint. You need something sharp to lift the sides of the letters, I used some scissors.
Then….viola! you get a great little canvas to hang in your tiny ass kitchen.

I’ve been listening to The Knife a lot. Like, a lot. So there you have it.



No comments:

Post a Comment