Monday, March 30, 2015

Whole30: Chili!


Whole30: Chili, the best thing on earth.

So… I love making chili.  And I am going to share the 3 chili recipes that I have had success with thus far in my Whole30 career.  I didn’t make these up, and I really recommend that you follow @whole30recipes on Instagram...life changing.  It has given me a ton of new stuff to try out. 

I usually make one chili or soup for the week, and then two or three other entrees and rotate them for lunch and dinner.

Crock pot chili

  • 1lb beef chuck
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 2 carrots chopped
  • 2 minced garlic cloves
  • 1 diced bell pepper
  • 28oz can diced tomatoes (check ingredients)
  • ½ cup beef stock (check ingredients)
  • 1 tbsp paprika
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 2 tsp coriander
  • 1 ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp pepper

Toss in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
 

Next up, Southwest Cowboy Chili from Nom Nom Paleo:


This was SPICY after letting it sit for a day.

And, last but not least (and my FAVORITE!): Bacon Bison Chili


You don’t have to use bison, but it’s super delicious, so you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment