Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Restyle: Necklace, always a bridesmaid, never a bride

So I have been in 60,000 weddings, give or take.  Sometimes, accessories are picked for me, sometimes I get free reign.  For my dear friend Shannon, I get to pick.  Our dresses are a very light silver, and she is obsessed with Jane Austen.  I am not.  Lace and all that stuff is pretty, I will never turn down a good lace (I use it frequently when making garters), but it's a little too romantic and that's just not me.  My original thought for jewelry was to make a necklace out of metal washers and ribbon.  Then I did a little reality check with myself and decided that this is Shannon's wedding, not Erin's (because honestly, that's not going to happen anytime soon), and I should go with her aesthetic.


So, I bought this pearl bobble necklace at World Market, then weaved some lace through it.  Tied a nice little bow, and look at that, Jane Austen is rolling over in her grave!

Just for funsies, here is my version of the closet from 27 dresses (this includes the dresses from last year and this year...I've managed to get rid of others).

No comments:

Post a Comment