Saturday, July 21, 2012

Restyle! Silk Hearts Dress

Remember this dress?  What a disaster!
Not only did it have shoulder pads, the sleeves were some awful Designing Women inspired tents. Awful.  Since it is a beautiful sunshiney day in Seattle (we have approximately 5 a year), I set up shop on the deck.
With my Pandora blaring for the neighbors, I got to work.  First, I ditched the shoulder pads.  Then I cut the sleeves.  Have you ever sewn silk?  It's like cutting through butter.  So amazing.  I tried it on, and it was a little too long, so I hemmed it up, and waa laa! A beautiful dress.
I then threw it on, and took my new hot dress to the coffee shop so that I could pose for a picture against a fence, like every other trendy blogger.  This thing is really coming along.
Speaking of this blog, I am going to take a little bit of a more serious approach to it. Not necessarily in my tone, or content, but writing for it like it is my job.  I've got some great ideas about weekly features, and hopefully it will really come into it's own and keep me sane during the school year.
This is the first of the feature "Restyle: Change Your Wardrobe"
So, let me know what you think. Oh, and here is the aforementioned classic blog pose:

No comments:

Post a Comment