Friday, August 10, 2012

Favorites Friday!

And now, for another weekly feature.  At this rate, I'll have a real blog in about two years!
Every Friday...you get to see my favorites, including, but not limited to: people, quotes, movies, books, pinterest pins, etc.  So, Let's get to it.

This week I finished this book:

It was pretty good.  It follows 6 people who are attending a wedding as "singles" even though the bride insisted that they bring a date.  Pretty interesting, and much different than I thought.  There is the classic "too wasted to participate in the wedding", "I'm socially awkward and sitting at the bar by myself", "you broke up with me three years ago and I'm still mad about it", and "I was a beauty queen and so I'm going to be in charge of all of the bridesmaids...here is a Xanax and an Adderall".  I recommend it as an appropriate trashy beach read, or just get a cheap book cover and put it over the front of 50 Shades of Grey, because we all know that's what you want to be reading anyway.

Here are my favorite people of the week:
Christie is visiting from Maui, so we had a Seattle tourist day, including going to the top of the Columbia Tower and paying $9 to see the view.  We also took the water taxi, Rachel Marie....boy is she fast.  Only took 9 minutes to get to Alki, however it is the part of Alki that has nothing to do, and because Duncan was "wearing a cashmere sweater" he couldn't go kayaking.  Therefore, we walked down to Alki.  On the way back we figured out that there is a free shuttle.  Worth every second! There was a man going to the Aerosmith concert on the DART.  He'd seen them 16 times! Awesome.

And now, here is my favorite thing from the WHOLE week:
"Your app was approved, when do you have time to meet and sign a lease?"  I'm not homeless!


No comments:

Post a Comment