Monday, August 20, 2012

DIY Monday: Washer Bracelet

So...I woke up this morning and made one of those work out tanks that has been all over the internet, completely intending that to be my DIY Monday project.  But, it literally took me 5 minutes to make and I think that I will just post it later this week. 
The project for today: A washer bracelet.
I looked at about four different tutorials, and found this one to be the most helpful, she also has a cute Etsy shop.
I didn't use her exact technique, and as Aaron the roommate can attest, I tried about three or four different types of knots before settling on one.  I think you should just play with it until you get something that you like.  Here is what you will need:
The craft designer suede cord was $2.99.  If you download the JoAnn Fabrics App (yep, they have one), you can get a sweet coupon for up to 50% off.
Next, drive to your parents house and dig through all of your Dad's old stuff, there you will need to locate anywhere from 5-10 washers.  I scored 4 small ones and one that was slightly bigger.  They are all in various stages of corrosion, making them look even better!
So, turn on Intervention, and mindlessly knot your doubled over suede cord through the washers until you get a bracelet! It'll be fun, and after watching Intervention, you can pretty much go to bed knowing that all though life may seem shitty, you've got nothing on the 25 year old who is doling out BJs to buy vodka.
Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment