Saturday, August 24, 2013

Overnight Jar Oatmeal

We need to have some real talk. This is my serious face:
Like my pink lipstick? Neither do I. 
Anyway: Snickers and Caffeine are not food groups. So, that's what I needed to say. I feel better. Here is how I dealt with my issue, it's just a suggestion.
This recipe is from Crystal. She saved my life this summer. I was on this really healthy eating kick of starting my day with coffee and a donut from the Safeway Starbucks, not eating again until 4 which would be a Snickers Almond and either a Pink Rockstar or a Go Girl! Energy drink. Sometimes I would sneak in a burrito.  I cried, a lot. Now I know why! I was starving and full of caffeine and sugar. 
Anyway, my cry for help went out via text one night and this was what really got me back on track. Eating a good breakfast does wonders. 


You will need:
A jar or container with a lid
Oats (doesn't matter if they are minute or not)
Stuff to put in your oats 
Some sort of milk product

Isn't that super specific? My first go around I used almond milk and brown sugar. Start by putting in the oats (whatever you think is a good serving size), then pour in the milk until it covers the oats and is a little bit over (I wanted to write 2-3 centimeters, then thought you would all judge me, but now I'm doing it anyway). Drop in the other goodies, give it a little swirl or stir, put the lid on and put it in the fridge.

Go to bed. Do all those adult things like flossing, washing your face, putting on anti wrinkle cream, putting in your sexy bite guard. In the morning, you will have a delightful little treat waiting for you!  

I have done a ton of variations and so far I have found coconut dream as your milk, dried cranberries, and brown sugar are staples. There are tons of options!

No comments:

Post a Comment