Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Soy Ginger Salmon

Nom nom nom. This is pretty tasty and easy to do! I whipped up the marinade and then went to rescue my dad who had managed to lock himself out of his house. The spare key that is normally hidden was on my key chain of course, because being a hot mess runs in our family like a hot temper, being hot, and all other hot things (eating hot pockets, for example). Anyway, the salmon sat in the fridge marinating for about 6 hours.
Then, I cooked that shit up and ate it while listening to the Rilo Kiley Pandora station and drinking flavored carbonated water, because that's how I roll.
You'll need:
1 and 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce (I actually used liquid aminos because I am secretly a dirty hippy)
1tbsp red pepper flakes
2tbsp honey
1tsp fresh ginger (grated)
1 clove garlic (minced)

Now, put on your apron. The more frills the better. You should probably also be wearing your new fabulous red lipstick, Ruby Woo. Matte perfection. Ok.
Put all if the ingredients in a bowl (Pyrex, duh) and whisk it up. Take your salmon fillet and toss it into a 1 gallon freezer ziplock bag. Pour the marinade in, making sure to get the brown sugar out of the bottom of the bowl. I think it's the most crucial ingredient. My grandma Joanne once made a comment about how my Uncle Scott added sugar to his spaghetti sauce. I think this was a "bad" thing. Whatever, that sauce was delicious, and sugar makes everything better. You go Uncle Scott!
Now, seal the bag and let it sit in the fridge. 

Go save your dad, then drive to school and sit at your desk. Maybe write a parent letter and make some copies. 
When you come home, get out that Skanka pan, oil that baby up and cook your salmon!
I also cooked some red potatoes as a side. Super simple: boil potatoes, drain, add dill weed and garlic salt, toss in your racist Paula Deen pan and cook with a tiny bit of olive oil until brown. 

Yum yum. Dinner is served (who needs vegetables anyway?)




No comments:

Post a Comment