Monday, January 16, 2012

Tie Me Up



So Let’s talk about some things: or more, I write, you read.
When your crazy organizing and need to micromanage everything in your classroom drives you to the point that you find yourself in the sensory room rocking in a chair, it’s time to take a sick day.  Yep, that happened. So, I’ve come up with some new things to think about:
1. this is your job, not your life
2. delegate (just because you think you can do it better, doesn’t make it ok that it gets done two months later)
3. Your job is impossible, so good job showing up!

Then, I went to the 5th Avenue Tavern and drank all night. At 12 when I woke up, I decided that I should do something productive, so I went to the fabric store and bought a menswear pattern. So, obviously, I was still feeling a little crazy.

With that being said, I bought some amazing silk fabric and decided to make a tie.
I will spare you the step by step, but here is the pattern, cutting,  and final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment