Sunday, October 20, 2013

Acorn Squash Slices

Shannon, this is for you. I hope you can have brown sugar. Maybe you need to send me a list of foods you can have. 
Anyway, I bought an acorn squash for God knows what reason. It just felt right.
Then I did my usual "let this thing sit in the fridge forever" trick. It really inspires me to get creative. 
I cut the squash in half, gutted it, then sliced it.

Next, I realized that my cookie sheet was at school, so I put all of the slices in a ziplock bag. Guess how many days it took me to remember to bring the pan home..... 3. Luckily, there was no mold growing, and so far I'm not sick. I think we're in the clear. 
So, I tossed in some olive oil and brown sugar and shook it around in the bag. 
My oven was already at 400 degrees from making corn bread muffins (substitute coconut dream for milk and you'll never use cows' milk again). Lay the squash flat on the cookie sheet and cook for 5 minutes. Take a fork and turn over the pieces. Cook for about 15 more minutes.
I actually totally forgot about them and I think they were in there for more like 20-25, so they are a little more soft, and the pan was harder to clean because brown sugar and olive oil make black tar that requires a copper scrubber to remove. 
So, don't do that. Set a timer.
But, delicious either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment