Saturday, October 12, 2013

How to not look like a whore in red lipstick

I think I'm pretty good at wearing red lipstick. I'll work on being humble tomorrow.
Here are some examples: 

Red lipstick is easy if you have the right tools and apply it correctly. Also, you need to find a red that is good for you. I like matte reds and my two favorites are Ruby Woo and Russian Red by MAC. 
To do red right you need:
Lip liner (I use MAC Cherry)
Lip primer
Lipstick brush (thin angled brush) 
Lipstick
Here is a photo collage of the steps followed by instructions: 

So, first exfoliate your lip by gently brushing it with your toothbrush. Next apply your lip primer. 
If you look closely, you can see the scar on my face from being savagely attacked by a cat at the age of 12.  It scabbed over and I looked like a freak for about a month with my "half stache." Middle school is a cruel, cruel place. I'm sure my floral MC Hammer pants didn't help.
Anywho. Next, apply the lip liner. Make sure it is sharpened. If not you won't get a crisp outline. 
Now, take your brush and fill in your lip with the lipstick. I only use the tube directly on my lip when reapplying because it's much quicker. Applying with a brush lasts longer. I usually only need to reapply because I was eating a burrito. 
Go figure. 
Now, go out and wear red lipstick! You will immediately feel 10x hotter.

No comments:

Post a Comment