Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mini Ham Sandwiches

Because nothing makes you more creative than a short timeline, I decided to make my "football food" for Coburn's birthday at 3. Party starts at 4:30, and...I was picking up a friend at the airport at 4. Way to go with your excellent time management skills! Good thing I'm teaching life skills to the future generations: we're screwed. Sorry!
Anyway. I decided to make these little delicious ham sandwiches that I saw on Pinterest. But, because God likes to intervene in mysterious ways that I don't understand, my phone would not load the recipe that I had pinned. So, I made it up, loosely based on what I remembered from my 3am pinning frenzie the night before (I watched a show about Hollywood murders, then tried to go to bed... Another brilliant idea by Erin).
You will need:
9x13 pan
Package of Hawaiian sweet rolls
Chive and onion cream cheese
3 Aged Swiss sandwich slices 
1 package Thinly sliced Black Forest ham
1/2 tbsp Onion flakes
1 tbsp Worcestershire 
3/4 cup melted butter
1/4 Parmesan cheese

You don't have time for music. You are in Marshawn Lynch Beast mode. Turn the stove on and put the butter in a pan to let it melt. Don't let it burn!  Open the Hawaiian sweet rolls and cut them in half. Now, place all of the bottoms in the pan. 

Layer two pieces of ham on each roll. Tear the Swiss cheese slices into four pieces each and place those on too. Next, spread the chive cream cheese on the top buns and place them on top. 
Your butter should be well past melted by now and hopefully you have already removed it from the heat. Add all of the other ingredients, except for the Parmesan, into the butter and mix. Pour the mixture over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle the Parmesan over the top. 
Put some foil over it, grab your coat, and drive to the airport ( or if you are normal, leave it sitting for at least 20 mins).
Send a text to Yoda telling her you need the oven two minutes before you show up.
Put the little sandwiches in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. 

Delight in how your little sandwiches bring Packer and Viking fans together for more than two seconds. And then win the real reward: hanging out with Jasper.

No comments:

Post a Comment