Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sauted Apples and Balsamic Pork

So, this month I decided that I would have a budget and do the "envelope" method.  So, if you get the great joy of hanging out with me this month, please excuse me as I dig through my bag and try to take cash out of the appropriately labeled white envelope.
photo.JPG

 Anyway, this endeavor made me really think about buying food.  I eat out a lot, and I throw away a ton of food too.  It's actually pretty horrible.  I buy groceries and then I am too lazy to make anything with them and end up eating a burrito instead.  So, I made a nice little grocery list, and I have been cooking up some gems!  I spent $75 on food that I am hoping will last two weeks.  So far I am almost one week in and I already have almost a week of leftovers freezing! It's like I'm a regular budgeting house wife or something.
anyway, here is a recipe that I made up for the pork chops that I bought.  As always, if there isn't a measurement...just toss it in.

You need:
Two pork chops
balsamic vinegar
butter
an apple thinly sliced
salt and pepper

So, put about 2 tbsp. of butter in a pan and melt it.  Add the apples and sauté until softened.
photo 1.JPG
Place your two pork chops in a baking dish.  Salt and pepper those bad boys.  Dump the apple concoction on top.  Toss in some chunks of butter.  Pour in the balsamic vinegar (about 1/3 cup) but making sure that the apples are saturated and that there is some liquid in the bottom of the dish.
photo 2.JPG
Toss in the oven for about 30 mins.  Use a meat thermometer to determine if it's done or not.  I think you can get worms or something from raw pork...gross.
photo.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment